- Especially fast drying and curing
- Extremely durable and hard-wearing
- Water and dirt resistant
- Enhances the wood's natural character
- Specifically for commercial use
- Suitable for all woods including exotic woods
- Resistant to common spills such as water, juice, tea, soda and wine
- Resistant to saliva and perspiration, suitable for children's toys
- Microporous and breathable; finish will not crack, peel or flake
- Easily spot repairable
Osmo Polyx®-Oil Pure is ideal for protecting unfinished wood, OSB, and cork.
Approximate coverage: 750 ft2/L with one coat
Number of coats: 2 coats (wet-on-wet)
Application temperature: 40℉ to 95℉
Drying time: Approximately 8-10hrs
Curing time: Approximately 2 weeks Sizes: 1L
- Apply two thin coats with an Osmo FloorxCenter® or floor-buffing machine, with green and white pads.
First Coat: Apply one thin coat with an Osmo Double Sided Scraper, Professional Scraper or other high quality trowel, and Osmo FloorxCenter® or single disc floor-buffing machine.
- Stir the Polyx®-Oil Pure well prior to use.
- Trowel the product thinly onto the floor using an Osmo Double Sided Scraper or similar.
- Disperse and polish the floor using a floor buffer and green pads.
- Allow approximately 35-45 minutes for product to penetrate surface
- Proceed immediately to second coat
- Second Coat: Immediately after the first coat of Polyx®-Oil Pure, apply a second thin coat with a trowel and buffing machine.
- Trowel the second coat product thinly and evenly onto the floor.
- Allow approximately 35-45 minutes for product to penetrate surface.
- Disperse and polish the floor, removing excess using a floor buffer and white pads.
- There is too much material on the surface when you can see rings. If so, turn the pad over.
- Allow 8-10 hours drying time. Allow for good ventilation whilst drying.
- If using as a Polyx®-Oil Pure 5125 as a top coat over Polyx® Professional Color Tints, proceed immediately to second-coat. Only one coat of Polyx-Oil is required over top of an Polyx® Professional Color Oil therefore the first coat and its steps are omitted.
Tip: 13" (330mm) Pads on an Osmo FloorxCenter® will buff approximately 400ft2 before they require either flipping, or replacement.