- Suitable for all interior use
- Wood grain remains visible with transparent tones and wood grain can be hidden with intensive tones
- Very durable and hard-wearing
- Easy to use
- Protects and colors
- Microporous and breathable; finish will not crack, peel or flake
- Wear-resistant and dirt-repellent, resistant to household chemicals
- Resistant to saliva and perspiration, suitable for children's toys
Osmo Wood Wax Finish is suitable for the protection and decorative finishing of wood in indoor areas: wall panelling, moldings and beams as well as doors. It is also suitable for edge-glued panels, chipboard and MDF. Ideal as a colored base coat for wooden flooring and for re-coating darkened wood surfaces. Highly recommended for furniture and children's toys.
Approximate coverage: 200 sf2/L with one coat
Number of coats: 1-2
Application temperature: 40℉ to 95℉
Drying time: Approximately 12hrs
Sizes: .125L, .750L, 2.5L
- Finished surface in one to two days, one to two coats
- First coat on the unfinished wood sanded to specification approximately 200 sf2/L.
- Mistakes in the wet coating can be corrected up to 30 minutes after the first application.
- Drying time approximately 12 hours (normal climatic conditions, 72℉/50% rel. humidity). Lower temperatures and/or higher humidity can increase drying time. Allow for good ventilation.
- For a lightly stained effect: within 20 minutes after the application, wipe with a cloth or with a white pad along the wood grain.
For an intensive color: if an intensive colour is desired, repeat the process (apply maximum 2 coats). This only applies to intensive color tones.
As a colored base coat for flooring: drying time approx. 24 hours (instead of 12 hours; see point 3). Second coat approx. 35 ml/m2 with clear Polyx®-Oil. Drying time approximately 8 to 10 hours; see point 3. For floors with a white base coat, a top coat with Osmo Polyx®-Oil Tints White (3040) is recommended.