THE ORIGINAL HARDWAX OIL
Osmo Polyx®-Oils are derived from natural plant oils and waxes to provide hard-wearing and durable protection for wooden flooring, casework and furniture.
The premise of Osmo Polyx®-Oil is to allow any interior wood surface to retain its natural look and feel. Osmo Polyx®-Oil penetrates deep into the wood protecting the surface from within and providing excellent liquid and abrasion resistance.
- Extremely durable and hard-wearing
- Water and dirt resistant
- Enhances the wood's natural character
- Resistant to common spills such as water, juice, tea, soda and wine
- Resistant to saliva and perspiration, suitable for children's toys
- Microporous and breathable; finish will not crack, peel or flake
- Easily spot repairable
Osmo Polyx®-Oil Original is ideal for protecting unfinished wood, OSB, and cork.
Approximate coverage: 250 ft2/L with one coat
Number of coats: 2 coats
Application temperature: 40℉ to 95℉
Drying time: 8 - 10hrs
Cure time: Approximately 2 weeks
Sizes: .125L, .75L, 2.5L, 10L
3011 Clear Glossy (Available in .75L only)
3054 Clear Satin-Matte
3055 Clear Matte
- First coat on the unfinished wood sanded to specification approximately 250 sf2/L per coat.
- Mistakes in the wet coating can be corrected up to 30 minutes after the first application.
- Drying time approximately 8 - 10 hours (normal climatic conditions, 72℉/50% rel. humidity). Lower temperatures and/or higher humidity can increase drying time. Allow for good ventilation.
- Second coat approximately 250 sf2/L.
- Drying time approximately 8 - 10 hours; see point 3.
- Full cure approximately 2 weeks.